Monday, September 3, 2007

please, please

Fashion Week is just a few short days away, and these are the things I'd love to see:

1. Drop-waist dresses. Daisy Buchanan, anyone? Next spring and summer I'd like to hang out on my fire escape with a gin and mint lemonade cocktail in a little 20s-style dress with a gentleman in a boater hat (Mr. Martin, I'm talking to YOU). Ladylike is key; I don't want to see another babydoll or trapeze dress.


2. Muted colors. I'm loving Jill Stuart's cobalt and Stella McCartney's fuschia for fall, but nude and blush colors will look so fresh in the spring.

3. Miniskirts. I know I just said I wanted ladylike, and I'm certainly more of a preppy DVF girl than an edgy (slutty?) D&G girl, but seriously. I'm only going to be in my early 20s for so much longer, and I want to wear miniskirts while I still can. I'll wear them with white oxford button-down shirts every day.

4. Slouchy menswear trousers. I know, I know, they were already huge for fall, but I've recently become obsessed with my super high-waisted belted trouser jeans, and I just want to pretend to be Katharine Hepburn for as long as possible.


5. Lots of round-toed ballet flats. Obviously.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: