Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bottega Veneta, Prada

Every once in awhile, I think about what I'm going to look like when I'm a real adult. I am going to be a seriously chic lady. I am going to wear everything from Bottega Veneta's spring 2008 line:


Above: This dress is flawless.


Above: These pleats are so delicate and pretty, but there's nothing overly girly about it. The color is perfect, the waist is perfect, the neckline is perfect.

Above: Here, detail and embellishment that's not frivolous. It's a way to kick up a classic look while keeping it timeless.

Not a trendy piece in sight (well, except for the little lingerie-esque look and an unfortunate bubble hem), just beautiful, simple clothes. Love.

---

Miuccia Prada, like Marc in New York and Nicolas in Paris, has a mind for fashion that, simply, is lightyears aheads of everyone else's. Remember that one time when she put robots on her clothes? Remember the turbans? Remember the ombre and the bright green and orange fur? (I should hope so, it was only a few months ago, really.)

This time around, it's fairies and checks. What?? I know. But I also know that it's only a matter of time before these looks are in every spring editorial:




While I can't quite get behind the fairy thing, I love the prints. As always, Miuccia's use of texture was inspired; the filmy sheer dresses and that gold lame skirt are great. And we'll obviously be seeing these on the arm of every It girl whose patent ombre bag is in storage come spring:


Lastly: Has anyone else been on the Alice in Wonderland ride at Disneyland? I'm having serious childhood flashbacks after looking at Prada's shoes.




3 comments:

brian said...

i'm confused. lightyear is distance, not time.

em said...

shutup, brian. i'm fashion.

Anonymous said...

hey em! This is MK (Mary / Katie) McBride, we hung out A few times with Jen. She just sent me a link to ur blog and I adore it!!!!!!! Thank you so much for having legit good taste and knowing what ur talking about! What's ur major? It better be applicable to fashion, the fashion industry needs you!!!!