Saturday, September 8, 2007

MaxAzria, Rag & Bone, Behnaz Serafpour

You can read my FWD review of MaxAzria here. (I liked the show, if you're too lazy to click the link.)

---

Rag & Bone was mostly lovely, even despite the fact that I'm very, very tired of straw fedoras. I also really wish they'd avoided this babydoll dress, as I thought their previous formula of girls in slightly androgynous separates was perfect.


Disregarding that slip-up, I loved the (below, top-to-bottom) shorts, peacoat, and headscarf combo, the little blazer and shorts with white piping, and Freja's lady tux.





Rag & Bone's tailoring is just so perfect. I'd love an occasion to wear this tie and waistcoat.

---

I've really loved a lot of Behnaz Sarafpour's past work, but I was really disappointed by her spring 2008 collection. It was all green and eco-friendly, which is great and all, but not if the clothes are ugly. There's a store called Chico's, that makes boring, dumb clothes for thirty-something women. I think most of Behnaz Sarafpour's collection looked like it belonged at Chico's:



Frumpy catalog clothes. Pshh.

---

Also, in CELEB WATCH 2007 news, I saw LL Cool J and Samuel L. Jackson at the Y-3 show, which I thought was funny.

No comments: