Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Missoni, Moschino

I imagine it must be hard to create a new collection for Missoni; like Pucci and Etro, they already have a signature that's expected to be the focus. I thought Angela Missoni did a good, if not terribly exciting job branching out but staying true to the traditional zigzags and prints.

Above: I like the mirror detail on this dress, but the colors are kind of boring for me.

Above: You know Mischa or some little Zoebot will show up in this dress at some point.

I thought the most fun pieces she showed were the gold sequined ones, like this one above. The specks of turquoise and red made it new and a little less serious.

---


I've always liked Moschino; it's always seemed sort of quirky and fun and even a bit anti-fashion. This time around, it was just a little too goofy for me.

After I saw this, all I could think of was Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka.

No comments: