Wednesday, January 9, 2008

extremes.

Calvin Klein's pre-fall collection seemed a bit all over the place for a designer who, generally, has his work cut out for him:

Above: Leggings or wide-leg trousers? Mr. Costa clearly couldn't decide, which makes me feel a little better about my own indecision; while I've officially retired my leggings, I've been trading off between my favorite skinny jeans and my favorite slouchy, wide-leg ones (though one thing's for sure: I can't get back into the flare- I don't care how much Kate Moss loves her J Brand Love Story jeans). As far as Calvin Klein goes, I'm leaning toward the trousers.

Above: Here's a bit of a schizophrenic dress decision: though similar in their simple shape, one is a bit more suited for a night out (gold! mini! strapless!) while the other is a bit more, um, virginal. Hm. Who are you making these clothes for, Francisco?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl on the top left looks like she's about to go for a jog. Inappropriate!

Grace said...

just like you, i just can't go back to the flare. makes me think of middle school/ early high school days and cringe.

oh, and that white dress very much reminds me of that hideous american apparel test dress.