Wednesday, January 23, 2008

chanel COUTURE


Lagerfeld seemed to be catering to a younger crowd with his spring 2008 Chanel Couture show. Let's take Sasha here, above. Darling, yes. grown-up? No. And let's be honest here, I am all about the ballet flats and minis -- but something about the combination of the ballet flats, miniskirt, headband, and sassy, hands-on-hips pose makes me think of, well, not your average Chanel consumer. Dakota Fanning, maybe.


Above: Lagerfeld chose this collection to focus on the iconic Chanel jacket, updating this classic with details like asymmetrical hems and inventive collars.

Above: Draping was also a huge technique used in this collection. I adore this white skirt.

Above: Following Alber Elbaz's lead at Lanvin, Lagerfeld gave women a charming little take on the tux. I never thought my latest must-have accessory would be a bow-tie... but we'll see...

Above: The geometric feeling of this reminds me of spring Fendi, but it's still an incredibly striking dress. And the feathers! We're certainly not over those yet, it looks like.

Above: A little too Pretty Pretty Princess for me. Remember what I said about Dakota Fanning? Is Abigail Breslin up for any more awards?

Above: You got it right this time, Karl. See -- you do know what you're doing. Don't mess around with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at a casting meeting last night for one of the shows coming up in two weeks (is it that close?).
As a bit of a novice in the field, I was amazed at how haggard and sickly all these girls looked in their polaroids.
Hair and Makeup, Hair and Makeup, the designers kept telling me, but I don't care who dolls them up (you'd think Chanel Couture would be the gold standard) they still look deathly ill. I think its time for a change.
How long can this heroine shit stay in style, I mean, who wants to have sex with those girls...Isn't what its all about?
Oh Christie Brinkley, please come back to us.