Tuesday, March 11, 2008

cfda nominees!

The CFDA (that's the Council of Fashion Designers of America, kids) Fashion Award nominees were announced last night!

Womenswear designer of the year:
Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein
Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler
Marc Jacobs

My vote: The Proenza boys, derr. I'd be happy if Costa took it, though. If Jacobs wins - I'll be pissed. He's been annoying me lately.


Menswear designer of the year:
Tom Ford
Thom Browne
Michael Bastien

My vote: Tom Ford's the babe, obviously, but I think I'd like to see Mr. Browne take it, even if all his models looked like zombies in his fall show.


Accessory designer of the year:
Tory Burch
Michael Kors
Marc Jacobs

My vote: Wait, are we serious with these? Seriously? No comment.


Swarovski Award for Womenswear:
Thakoon Panichgul
Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte
Alexander Wang

My vote: The Mulleavy sisters, definitely. They're blowing up, sure, but their hype is way more than deserved (sorry, Alexander).


Swarovski Award for Menswear:
Tim Hamilton
Scott Sternberg of Band of Outsiders
Patrik Ervell

My vote: I won't pretend to know much about menswear, so I'm totally unqualified to vote here. But I do love Band of Outsiders, so let's say Scott Sternberg.


Swarovski Award for Accessory Design:
Justin Giunta for Subversive Jewelry
Philip Crangi
Joy Gryson

My vote: Gryson! Woohoo!

No comments: