Thursday, October 4, 2007

Karl Lagerfeld

Karl Lagerfeld seriously lightened up with his spring 2008 show. I mean, the background was rainbow colored -- this from the man who makes black&white a lifestyle.


I thought the flouncy skirts were great, but what I think is most notable about this collection is the sheer pants and sleeves. Remember, we've already seen sheer pants at Marc Jacobs, we had the sheer sleeves at Dolce & Gabbana, Prada had sheer dresses, there were layers of sheer fabrics at Jil Sander... I could keep going.

Impractical or not, it looks like sheer is one of spring's biggest trends.

A sidenote: Why the Wayfarers, Karl?? I thought you were a trendsetter! You know, this just means all those trendy jerks (exceptions noted) will be wearing those damn glasses for another year. UGH.

No comments: