Tuesday, October 2, 2007

forget dior homme...

Kris Van Assche has made the perfect pair of pants -- for women.


Slouchy but still tailored, and perfect with the feminine white crochet, this outift is a perfect study in balance. I would wear this every day.

There's been a lot of speculation as to whether Van Assche can fill Hedi Slimane's shoes at Dior Homme, but as far as I'm concerned, his womenswear collection is more than good enough.

Above: I haven't wanted to wear a maxi skirt like this in a very long time... maybe ever.

Above: This color is amazing.

Above: Incredibly pretty, though not at all girly.

I loved the colors and the shapes -- the Latin American influences, the volume that's dramatic but not overwhelming, the menswear-inspired pieces mixed with ultimately feminine skirts... I thought it was fresh and exactly right.

No comments: