Sunday, November 4, 2007

coming to america

It really was only a matter of time before Topshop came to New York.



The UK high street phenomenon's coming to SoHo -- taking over 478 Broadway, current home of Yellow Rat Bastard (which will not be missed by me). According to Racked, the lease hasn't been signed yet, so there's no official word on exactly when it will open, but the location's a done deal.

I can only imagine the ruckus it's going to cause when it first opens, though I think there might be a bit of disenchantment when people realize that it's really just a glorified, more expensive H&M.

1 comment:

Bouncing Evil Ginner said...

Nonono, I own far more Topshop clothes than H&M. Even if that's purely because of the jeans (they do a Tall range). Topshop clothes tend to be of a higher quality than H&M, and whenever I go in, I always find something that I want, whereas H&M has always been very variable. For about a year it was just full of cheap prints made of crappy nylon. Yuck.

Also, we don't have an H&M in my university town. Therefore Topshop is clearly better :)