Thursday, July 12, 2007

let's talk about resort.

I've only just recently come to love and appreciate resort collections. More casual than its big brothers, ready-to-wear and couture, resort is small (the majority of collections are only about 15 looks), summery, and easy.

You've already heard me gush over Balenciaga's resort collection and that one 3.1 Phillip Lim resort dress, but I'm not nearly done yet. Alberta Feretti and Proenza Schouler were my other favorites, along with more than a few standout looks in other collections.



Almost all navy and white, nautical without being theme-y, perfectly tailored but also easy, Alberta Feretti's collection was everything I think resort should be. Looking at these pieces makes me want to be on a yacht somewhere instead of my thousand-degree little New York apartment.

---

Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough are up there on my list of men I love the most. For their Proenza Schouler resort collection, they did the structured, corset-y pieces they're famous for, but paired them with muted colors and softer silhouettes for a more summery look:


I can't believe how cool this stuff is. I love it. Another thing I liked were the hats-- an update on the uber-trendy straw fedora that I know we're all tired of seeing on Lindsay and Mischa and that little team.


---

I was not a huge fan of Prada's furry, acid green and orange fall collection, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a cute, 50s-inspired resort collection.

This is probably the least colorful look in the collection, but it's my favorite. That skirt is adorable.

---

The colors in Francisco Costa's Calvin Klein resort collection were totally inspired. I cannot get over this bright red and aqua combination:



---

I'm sad to say I've gotten to be a little disenchanted with Chloe after Paolo Melim Andersson's debut fall collection. I do like this look from the resort collection (but that's pretty clearly because it looks like it could belong in the spring 2007 collection, which is quite possibly one of my favorite collections of all time):


We're seeing that high-waisted skirt everywhere. I need to go do some shopping.


No comments: