Friday, April 11, 2008

good taste doesn't exist.

Simon Doonan is such a funny little man.

Above, at the party for his latest book, Eccentric Glamour.

I was on my way to the Jason Wu show last September, walking up 10th or 11th Avenue, and I saw a little man in a floral shirt, plaid pants, and a Goyard bag walking on the other said of the street. I figured it was him, but he was still a ways away - it wasn't until I saw the SD monogram on his bag that I knew for sure.

I don't love the way he writes (he's responsible for the ELLE's Madonna cover story), but I think he's a clever, funny character, and while I would hardly describe myself as his "eccentric glamour" girl, I can certainly get behind the idea of a little more creativity in our collective wardrobes.

3 comments:

Maarji. said...

hey! Have to say I loved your blog, and apparently we like the same book (G.G. Marquez). I'll definitely become a regular reader :*

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how technology has become so integrated in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://crystalguo.vox.com/library/post/how-does-the-r4i-or-r4-work.html]R4i Card[/url] DS rrPost)

Anonymous said...

I love ouicestlamode.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards