Friday, December 7, 2007

a question, chanel, and a contest!

Have pre-fall shows been going on forever and I've just never heard of it, or is this a relatively new development?

I don't think I like the idea very much. Spring, Fall, definitely. Couture and resort are pretty specific, so I'll give them that. But if pre-fall's going to start blowing up and Mr. Lagerfeld and Mr. de la Renta are going to do 60+ look pre-fall collections... I don't know, maybe I'm just sentimental and want to preserve the sanctity of Spring and Fall fashion weeks. Psh.

Anyway....

---

... Chanel's pre-fall collection!

Above: Love Agyness (I know, I know). Love the bowler hat. Hate bubble hems. Go to H&M if you want this skirt.

Above: Oh no! Lindsay Ellington, you forgot your pants! But really - this is an awesome coat.

Above: Very cool-classic-Chanel but a little bit goth also. And with Amy Winehouse-esque bouffant and cat-eyes. Maybe a bit too much going on here, now that I think of it.

Above: Now this is cool. This I can get behind, though I can't quite figure out if that's a skirt or pants (I guess I should just be happy that they didn't put Freja in something short, because her legs are so skinny they make me a little uncomfortable).

Above: Who knew Devon Aoki was still modeling? Who cares, really-- this dress is perfect.

Above: Does this remind anyone else of Prada's spring collection? A little? Maybe?

PLUS: A special C'est La Mode contest! Whoever can figure out who's singing in the background of all these pictures wins one million brownie points. Want a hint?










... It's Irina Lazareanu. Sorry, I'm not good with secrets. But cool, right?



4 comments:

brian said...

are you drunk?

em said...

are you?

Q said...

I'm so glad Devon is still modeling. She freaking reps two minorities in the industry--Asians and models under 5'8"!

Anonymous said...

I like the Amy Winehouse hair. I know I shouldn't call it that, but is there a real jargon for it?