Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the party of the year!

We've all been talking about nothing but the Costume Institute's Superheroes event for weeks, so let's just get to the clothes, shall we?

Above: Zac Posen and Kate Mara, in Zac Posen. Posen's not the only man of the night to try the bright suit with a brighter-dressed lady combo, but he pulls it off a thousand times better than Matthew Williamson.

Above: I give Anna Wintour a lot of credit for this Chanel number. A lot.

Above: Ashley and Mary-Kate, in Diane von Furstenberg, with Christian Louboutin. I had my doubts, but Ashley looks incredible. Mary-Kate looks about 55 years old.

Above: Dr. Lisa Airan in Rodarte. Totally on the theme, and she looks gorgeous.

Above: I know I've given Alessandra Facchinetti a hard time for the whole Gucci-to-Valentino thing, but right now I will put our differences aside and just say that this is a great dress, even if it is Valentino.

Above: I would like to applaud Kate Bosworth for the blue eyeliner choice. I am not being sarcastic.

Above: Nicolas Ghesquiere and Charlotte Gainsbourg, in Balenciaga. Overwhelming disappointment.

Above: The Rag & Bone boys with Sasha Pivovarova. Sasha! Did nobody tell you that your dress is see-through?

Above: Elettra Rossellini Weidemann, in Chris Benz, with Chris Benz. Be careful, Chris. I'm saying this because I love you. I really do. I just feel like you're getting closer and closer to becoming this, and I desperately don't want that to happen.

Above: Francisco Costa with Liv Tyler, in Calvin Klein. OK, so I thought Rachel Bilson would wear it, but I totally called that dress.

Above: Barneys' Julie Gilhart (in Christopher Kane, no?) and Rogan Gregory. I really like this on her, which is strange because it's totally not my style. I think she rocks it, goofy flip-flops and all.

Above: Diane Kruger, in Alberta Feretti, and Joshua Jackson. Confession: I just realized that I have a HUGE crush on Pacey from Dawson's Creek.

No comments: