Tuesday, February 19, 2008

please read new york magazine

(No, NOT for the Lohan-does-Marilyn shoot, which I think is so ridiculous that I'm not even going to waste space on this blog explaining why.)

Please read this profile of Carine Roitfeld. She's impossibly cool, but in a totally innate way, not in the I'm-trying-so-hard way that Alexander Wang is cool. Some highlights:

“Right now I think that fashion in the world becomes a bit boring. There is so much money, and I feel a bit when you go to shows they want to sell so many handbags, and for me, well, I do not like handbags. I do not wear handbags. It is not a nice look, to carry a handbag.”
A woman after my own heart. I have always said that I am not a bag girl. I hate the IT bag phenomenon almost as much as I hate Leigh Lezark.

“I told you, all the girl who work at French Vogue are vewy skinny and beautiful.”
At least she doesn't pretend it's not important.

“I love pills. I cannot sleep, so I love pills.”
Hahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm all about the lohan spread. sorry. but i'm excited to read about frenchy, too.